Wednesday, January 25, 2006

OHSU Neurology: Clinic Manager Calls Me Back

I just got a call back from Jean an OSHU Neurology. I explained the difficulties I had with his office, as described in my previous post. He was apologetic but ultimately unhelpful. To summarize our conversation:
  • OSHU Neurology does not take referrals from Primary Care Physicians, only from other Neurologists.
  • He refused to give his manager's name and number, which I requested should I need to esclate the issue further.
  • He apologised that his staff failed to tell me that I needed a referral from my Neurologist.
  • I agreed that it was useful for a new neurologist to have the notes from an old doctor, so they don't have to start over. I mentioned, however, that all there was to know was my diagnosis and history of symptoms, which were provided. I only saw my old neuro Dr. Y once after diagnosis, and Dr. Y refused to do any more referrals.

So I have a new neurologist who won't take patients without the old neurologist's referral, and an old neurologist who refused to do a referral. How is that for focusing on the patient?
What would you do next?

1 comment:

TheStolenOlive said...

I am a member of WACMA and I saw your post. I am also a blogger.

I started blogging in February of last year and I was diagnosed in August. In December I moved my blog off of blogspot and onto my own domain.

http://www.thestolenolive.net/blog

My trials of finding a doctor are not over. Most of my doctor's appointments in the beginning are chronicled on my blog in the archives.

Most of the formatting and pictures were lost when I transferred over to my own domain and I haven't quite gotten all of the archives fixed so bare with me. Earlier than May and After October are mostly fixed, but May - October are the files that really need fixing as they tell about my medical plight.

Diagnosed ACM 0.8mm August 2005.
Cant find a doctor to help.